Before we begin I want to wish the most amazing, soon to be daddy, best friend, accountability partner, partner in crime, most handsomest, hard working, supportive, loving man a very Happy Birthday! If it weren’t for you I wouldn’t have this blog post to write today. We love you! Happy Birthday B!
Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming about motherhood and such.
- More than anything I cannot wait to meet this precious little one! Pregnancy has been going by so fast but it still feels like I’ve been waiting since forever to meet her.
- To learn her personality. From the 3D ultrasound we already know she looks just like her daddy and I have a feeling she’ll act just like me. If so I’m in for a very sarcastic, know-it-all, “my way or the highway” little girl with a mouth that has no filter.
- Candid moments.
- LOTS of photos!
- Family bonding. I’m planning not to tell the family when I’m in labor. I want us to have our time as our own little family before everyone comes to meet her. I want to see her interact with B and I. Will she still go crazy at the sound of his voice?
- Watching her grow and learn. She already responds when I read, whether I’m reading directly to her or just reading aloud. I want to see her interact with books, toys and people.
- Discovering her feet. I know it sounds crazy but babies are so freaking cute and amazed when they find their feet. It’s like a whole new world to them. Like “OMG! These are mine too! Jackpot!”
There’s plenty more I’m looking forward to being a new Mama. What did you look forward to the most? What did you not expect that surprised you? Let me know below in the comments.