Hey there! I’ve been planning my baby shower for the past few months and I devised a checklist along the way that helped me keep things in order. I know, I know, I should have just given a few ideas and a guest list to a friend or family member and then showed up to have a good time but…people…life.
Planning my shower wasn’t the hardest thing I’ve had to do but it did get a bit frustrating at times. If you are planning a shower (or any event) for yourself or a loved one I hope this checklist helps.
Baby Shower Checklist
- Date & Time—You want to determine this first for when seeking a venue.
- Guest List—You’ll need an estimate of how many people will be attending to ensure the venue can accommodate and to estimate the cost of food.
- Venue—You want to book early because some places may charge more the closer you book to your event.
- Theme/Color Scheme—This will set the tone for the menu and décor.
- Invitations—Now is the time to let people know you’re planning a party. This is also the time to choose between pre-made or custom made invitations. Also, make sure Mama has completed her registry before you send out invitations, we want her to get the gifts she wants.
- Menu—If you’re doing the cooking you’ll need to know how much food to purchase and devise a plan for cooking, think holiday dinners. If hiring a caterer you want to ensure they will be available on the date/time of your event, what they offer and the cost.
- Decorations—Does the venue allow décor to be hung from the walls or ceilings? Will the décor be a DIY project? If a DIY project, now’s the time to begin gathering supplies and tutorials if needed.
- Activities/Entertainment—Do you want to play games at the shower? Hire a DJ? If playing games decide on how many and what kinds. Do you plan to give prizes for the game winners? If so, what kinds of prizes? If booking a DJ ensure the venue will allow it and has adequate space. You don’t want your guests to go deaf.
- Supplies/Odd & Ends—Don’t forget the small stuff. Be sure you have all the supplies to serve food and drinks and for all for the games. Don’t forget a lighter for the food warmers (if using) or citronella candles if hosting outdoors.
- Have Fun! – Now it’s time to party! All your hard work has paid off. Go enjoy yourself and shower Mama with love.
Because I love you gals so much I made this into a handy dandy printable! Follow the form below to download. I hope you enjoy!