Hey Y’all! So let’s talk Mondays. I know, I know, you hate Monday. But why? Because it’s back to work, school, hectic mornings and rushed dinners? Those are viable reasons but can’t we do something to make Mondays better? I think so.
A few years ago I was having a convo with my cousin about how much she absolutely hated Mondays. I get it but I don’t get it. She went on and on about how the weekend is over and it’s the busiest day at work and she’s so tired when it’s over and blah blah blah. My suggestion: find something positive about Monday and focus on that!
I know it may be easier said than done but c’mon y’all, we gotta stop complaining so damn much. Monday is gonna come every 7 days until you leave this earth. You might as well make it work for you.
I like to look at Monday as a fresh start to a new week. Do I feel like getting up for work? Nope. But I’m grateful I have a job to go to.
10 Ways to make Monday your well behaved, well mannered child (or your b**** but let’s keep it PG, shall we?)
- Focus on something positive about Monday
- Make it mani/pedi day
- Make it happy hour with your girls day
- Make it date night
- If you hate the Monday meeting/huddle at work, think about the awful outfit Jane will be wearing and snicker to yourself all the jokes in your head
- If you don’t wanna commute to work, ask your boss about telecommuting on Mondays
- If the line is EXTRA long at Starbucks, use the app to order your absolute favorite 1000 calorie drink. Walk in, grab your order, walk out. Leave the common folk coughing in your dust!
- Dress up! Like all the way up. Full face of makeup, hair laid just right and a very fashionable outfit
- Work out before work. I don;t know anyone who’s pissed after a good workout
- Work out in bed…if you know what I mean
- BONUS TIP – Send yourself flowers or and edible arrangement and make your office mates jealous
Ok, so now we have 11 ways to Mondays better. We’re gonna work on it right? Ok! Pinky promise? Ok!
Let me know in the comments why you do or don’t like Mondays and if you have any tips to add to the list.