I thought I’d switch it up a bit today and take you in my kitchen. Well, that was the plan but the pics chose not to cooperate. Anyhoo, today is all about the only green smoothie that my baby likes. In the first trimester I tried several, some worked, others, not so much. By the second trimester I kinda gave up on green smoothies. Now in the third trimester I’ve found one that works and I drink it almost daily.
As most people say “this recipe should work in any blender”, I have to disagree. To get a smooth smoothie you need a blender with some power. My preference is the Vitamix! I ab-so-lute-ly love it! You don’t need one this powerful per se, but power is needed. Before I got a Vitamix, I used the NutriBullet. Loved that too! Now, down to business.
- 10 oz Green Tea or Water
- 2 Handfuls of spinach
- Mango (fresh or frozen)
- Pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- Green Superfood (optional)
- Add liquid to blender
- Add spinach to blender
- Add fresh fruits to blender (if any)
- Add frozen fruits to blender (if any)
- Add Superfood (or other powder) to blender
- Blend until creamy, or desired consistency
A few notes:
- Green tea is optional. If I have some in the fridge I use it, if not I go with water.
- Frozen fruit will yield a thicker smoothie.
- Frozen fruit may not be as sweet as fresh fruit.
- Add as much or as little fruit as you like, I’m not here to be the Smoothie Police.
- Green Superfood is optional. I use is for the extra vitamins and nutrients that Mini Me is sucking from me. I’ve also found that when using sweeter ingredients the Superfood taste is not as strong.
So there you have it, the only smoothie Baby and I can stand to drink on a regular basis. If you have any smoothie recipes you would like to share, please do! I’m an avid smoothie drinker and plan to get back to trying different recipes when I’m no longer sharing my taste buds.
**This post contains some affiliate links. Shall you make a purchase from any of my links I will receive a commission. But you were gonna buy that anyway so we both win!